Hello guinea pigs.
Welcome to ARH 101: Survey of Art and Culture I.
My hope with this blog is that all students build a better understanding about art by supplementing in-class lectures with out-of-class web discussions.
Topics we will always be concerned with in this course:
1. Why is art important?
2. What can be considered art?
3. How do you decide what's "good" art?
4. How to describe and evaluate a work of art.
5. How to figure out what a work "means".
6. Context, context, context.
7. The purpose of art.
8. The role of the artist.
*Remember, email me the name you will be posting under by 8/24!